Thursday, April 26, 2012

High Point Market: Eye Candy & Inspiration


My very first trip to High Point market was such an amazing experience!  With over 180 showrooms at my fingertips and only two days to cram it all in, I would not have been able to cover the ground I did without my friend, Joanna.  Having been to market several times before herself, she knew the vendors we would not want to miss out on and I added a few lighting vendors I have worked with before to create our  ultimate checklist.  I made some great contacts and just as important, feasted my eyes upon inspiration to keep me going for miles!

Obviously, the interior design industry and the fashion industry tend to mirror each other, but I never expected to see the EXACT same colors and motifs at market as I have in InStyle, Vogue, and Elle.  Amazing.  Prepare to be inspired... I'm sure you will want to redecorate or renovate at least one room in your house after drooling over the pictures below.  And if that's the case, let's chat.

ALL LAQUERED UP


Bright, vibrant colors and lacquered accent pieces are here to stay.


LIKE, FOR REAL


Natural fibers: Rattan, burlwood, driftwood, whitewashed wood, bone-like material...you name it, it's in.



RIGHT NEAR THE BEACH

A nod to water and the sunset:  blue, turquoise, pink, and navy

There is so much more to share with you, but what fun would that be to spill it all in one post? 

Photos taken by me - from Oomph, Currey & Co, Worlds Away, Jonathan Adler & Palacek 

No comments:

Post a Comment